Sunday, January 2, 2011

My food blog

Hello to new, old, and lifelong friends. It has finally happened: I have been sucked into the blog world! I decided to start this in hopes that I can organize my recipes, ideas, troubles, woes, and whatever other expressions I may feel are necessary that day. However, I'm sure it will come out as being one crazy random compilation of bipolar nonsense. So if you are game, continue reading.
I am a 28-year-old female living in Oklahoma......aka cattle country. I am a food pilgrim in an unholy food land. I love healthy food. I love cooking. I love taking quality ingredients and letting them speak for themselves. I love the reaction people give when they eat something truly delicious and then discover it is good for them. I love the inspiration I get from food. I aspire to be a true vegetarian. Do you know how difficult it is to be an aspiring health-nut and vegetarian in the middle of the carnivorous midwest? Exceedingly difficult! I am hit at every turn with advertisements of steaks, burgers, and buffets. Not to mention I am constantly persecuted (by those with sometimes malicious but mostly joking intentions) for my food choices. Why is it so hard for people to accept the fact that I make food choices, just like they do, only different food choices?  I guess at least around these parts most people are very close-minded and unwilling to accept change. Let me not forget however to mention the wonderful support system I have in place, namely my friends and darling husband, who encourage me to continue my quest to be healthy and happy.
And so begins the food pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment