Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hardest days yet

Yeah...so day 4 was super tough! I felt pretty good physically, but mentally I was on the verge of a breakdown! Work was really busy and I got fatigued around mid-afternoon, so the cravings for solid food went through the roof. It didn't help that my husband (and medic partner) ate his BBQ lunch right in front of me...it smelled soooo good and I haven't even eaten that kind of food since who knows when. I don't think it mattered what type of food it was, just that any solid food was all I could think about. Well, I got home from work and drank some warm lemon water, which helped. I decided that being so strict with just the juice was not as necessary as all that, a lot of juice fasts include eating raw fruits and veggies. So I ate 1 raw organic carrot before bed, finished my juice and water, and felt pretty good about it.

Woke up this morning, day 5, after sleeping in for a total of about 10 hours of sleep. No hunger, and feeling pretty good! I started off this morning with some herbal tea with lemon and had a glass of juice for lunch. This is the first day off of work I have had on the fast, and I knew I would struggle with cravings more when at home. The main reasons for this I think are: 1. I like to watch cooking shows on the weekend, which is difficult when you aren't eating solid food! lol 2. I like to eat when I'm relaxing on the couch, typical American habit I would like to break 3. I still have duties in the kitchen-cleaning and cooking for my husband, which exposes me to food almost all day. To try and head off the cravings this weekend before they start, I went ahead and ate a small raw salad after lunch. I ate so incredibly slowly, it took me almost an hour to finish it, chewing every tiny bite until it was completely liquified. For dinner I am planning a large glass of veggie juice and more herbal tea! My detox symptoms have also subsided today, making me such a happy lady :)

Well I'm off to tinker in my garden before making my dinner, I hope everyone is doing okay with their reboot! Since I'm halfway through now, it should be downhill from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment