Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pure Indulgence

Well I am 1 month Vegan and going strong!!! I am still in love with this way of eating. It really does renew my soul every time I eat, knowing that this is such a kind and peaceful way of nourishing my body. My body also appreciates it....I feel absolutely wonderful! My hair is silky soft, my skin is clear, and my nails have grown out strong and durable (I've never successfully grown out my nails until this). And an important side note ladies- my PMS symptoms, including cramps, are non-existent! No headaches, cramping, moodiness, or back pain. I would say its a miracle, but really it just makes good sense that God never intended women to be in such pain every month, but we cause the symptoms by mistreating ourselves. It is a well-known fact that caffeine, sugar, and processed foods aggravate the PMS symptoms...so why would we do that to ourselves??? Plain and simple, God did not intend us to eat the Standard American Diet.
I am also still enjoying the variety of wholesome food that I am discovering. My tastebuds seemed to have adjusted to the clean way of eating, because I now enjoy and crave plain spinach salads with no oil or dressing necessary. I can actually taste my food now, and the different textures and flavors are just delightful (not tasting only salty and sweet). I recently discovered a recipe that turned out to be the most delicious thing I've tasted all month. This pie is so good, even FOUR skeptical carnivores tried it and LOVED it. It is so simple to make, too.



Cherry-Chocolate Mousse Pie

1/2 cup dried cherries
1 12-ounce box light silken tofu (or extra-firm silken tofu)
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Cacao Chips)
1 prepared Graham cracker crust

Cover the dried cherries with 1/2 cup of boiling water and soak them until soft. Drain (and reserve) the water, and put the cherries into the food processor. Pulse to chop. Drain the tofu and add it to the food processor along with the agave nectar and vanilla. Process until smooth.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour it into the food processor and puree, scraping down the sides as needed to make sure it’s well blended. Pour into a prepared crust and chill for several hours.

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/04/cherry-chocolate-mousse-pie.html

I sincerely hope you all try this recipe and enjoy its richness and healthfulness! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment